Monday, March 15, 2010

time to get serious


Alright people. All of you who have had kids in the last 5 years and have helpful hints on how to get in shape, I am in great need of your assistance. I'm getting to that point where I really need to get serious about this junk. But having 2 kids makes it a little difficult to just go out running or things like that, so I feel a little stuck.

Here are some options that I have.

#1 - I do have Wii Fit (plus) but it's not exactly the most intense workout. But at least I can pause that if kiddos decide to get bothered.

#2 - I also have some workout DVD's, but I don't like being interrupted doing those and I can't seem to find a time to do them. (you may think, get up early and do it in the morning, but whenever I've set an alarm for even an hour before either kid should get up, Logan magically wakes up before my alarm even goes off.) but I guess I could try to do the morning a few more times before I give up.

#3 - I'd loooove to get into running again. The problem is, when to go run? Tyler's schedule is different everyday, and it makes it real difficult to stay consistent when some weeks I get to go 3 times a week, and other times not at all. I'm not a huuuge fan of running late at night, and again with Tyler and never being home at consistent times, it gets tricky.

#4 - My friend Audrey goes to a gym nearby that is only $5 a month, and another $5 for daycare. It's only weights and machines, but still that's probably good enough cause I could easily put some workouts together from when I was out at school. But then I have to pay a sign up fee and that makes me angry. Blugh.

So...anyone with super helpful tips let me know. Cause I'd loooove to get in shape. And I really don't mind exercising, but with kids who's schedules never seem to be the same, it gets a little tricky. I've gotten much better at snacking, and according to wii fit I did lose 6 lbs in January. Yay me. But I've still got a ways to go I think. HELP!

5 comments:

Team Serra said...

Lindsay Brin post-natal dvd's are awesome....even though I haven't had kids I still use them. There are 10 minute segments so if you only have time for 10 mins do one...or do 2-3 depending on how much time you have.

check out momsintofitness.com

Laurie Von said...

hey cute thing. jared finally let me get a treadmill and i LOVE IT. its so nice to not worry about leaving the house. and for me, who ate a brownie for lunch, its all about cardio. half an hour is quick, i usually do it during the day, but nitetime while watching a reality show makes it go real fast too. good luck.

Kathryn S. said...

Hm, I'm gonna keep on checking the comments on this one because I too need these ideas! Although, we're too poor to buy a treadmill. Thanks for posting this post so that I can also reap the benefits of the comments you receive on it!

David & Audrey said...

I think you should join the gym. $5 daycare is awesome. Some days I want to work out and then run across the street to walmart and leave Nathan in the daycare while I do it all (I think they might catch on when I come back an hour later for him though). They have treadmills and stair stepper machines too. Sign up fees do suck though.

andi said...

i've heard if you eat an eclair standing up, or break the chocolate chip cookies in half before eating they have a NEGATIVE calorie effect...so far, i haven't seen good results, but i think it just may take a little time to see the inches melt away (kinda like exercising).