Friday, January 21, 2011

Caution: more blood

so i did a silly thing. i was attempting to fix my rotary cutter (like a pizza cutter for fabric) and ya-da ya-da ya-da somehow i sliced my pinky and my ring finger. whoopee! long story short, i now have 6 stitches in my pinky and 4 in my ring finger. they almost cut off my wedding ring (the brought in the cutters and everything!) but decided that it wasn't too bad so i just need to keep an eye on it.

til now i've never had stitches or had to go to urgent care or anything. first time for everything i guess! luckily tyler was home and he jumped up to help me get towels and bandages to get the bleeding (and lots of it) to stop. the kids were asleep so we called Audrey to come over and watch them for us. although we had to wait 55 minutes to have the nurse call us back, they were all really friendly and the doctor did an awesome job at making sure i didn't feel a thing.

can i just say that i LOOOOOOOOVE modern medicine? i love that i don't have to feel anything while the doc stitched me up. awesome.

3 comments:

jamie said...

AAAHHHHH!!!!
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
EEEWWWW!!!!

i'm glad you're on the mend and all, but this blog is getting gory. please don't show us pictures when you sew through your finger.

Karie said...

NO! Ug! Thank goodness for the expertise of docors in a time of crisis! Mend quick! (thank goodness for bodies that know how to heal!)

Lorie Ann said...

Oh gosh! I am so sorry! That looks awful. I'm glad that you were able to keep all your digits and wedding ring!