Tuesday, December 16, 2008

happy travels...

No actually. NOT happy travels. So most of you have probably noticed from other postings that I am now in California visiting my parents for a week! Wahoo! We found a plane ticket taking me from Raleigh go San Jose, and then from San Jose to Atlanta (where we will spend Christmas Eve & Christmas day) for only $276! Little did I know what a long and terrible day it would be...

Monday was the fateful day, where Jamie took us to the airport at around 9:30 in the morning. Our first flight was only 50 minutes, and Kendalynn hardly made a sound. We rushed to our 2nd flight which and we safely made it to our seat to find that this was a 5 HOUR FLIGHT! Wow... So we start moving around the runway, to find that our flight was going to be delayed for AN HOUR because apparently too many planes were going towards the west coast. Whoop. However when we land we realize, that we missed our connecting flight there in Las Vegas to San Jose. Crud. So we then get booked for a flight from Las Vegas to Phoenix, and then from Phoenix to San Jose. So we get on our flight headed to Phoenix, when that plane also stopped on the runway to be delayed for a half hour. And then guess what happened? You're right...we missed our connecting flight from Phoenix to San Jose. Luckily...I had my mother on the phone while running around the airport trying to find a plane to tell me there was a flight from Phoenix to Monterey leaving soon. So I run to that counter, get a spot on that plane. Thank goodness!

Well...that plane was actually under maintenance so we didn't leave for quite sometime. By the time we got on the plane for our 2 hr 48 min flight (holy crapola) we landed in Monterey at 1:30 local time, and 4:30 our time. OH YA! AND...while waiting for my Monterey flight, they sent me to 3 different counters to try and figure out what to do about my lugagge (which was tagged to go to San Jose) and no one would help me find a way to get it to Monterey with me. So my mom had to borrow a car seat from someone else that night so we could get home, and borrow some pj's (so Kendalynn was dressed as a boy for a day) to sleep in. The next morning, I had to call and argue with an angry man in San Jose who said I either had to come and get it there, or pay $100 to get it delivered to me. Ahhh! I finally got him to send it back to Phoenix, so they could send it to Monterey that night around 11 where we could pick it up. Wow.

Luckily, Kendalynn was actually quite good throughout our endless travels, and we arrived safe and sound to my parents house. Our loving Chuney cat was ready and waiting for some good loving, and Kendalynn has been more than willing to give it! So, moral of the story...DON'T FLY US AIRWAYS! Okay...that's all, I just wanted to get it out of my system for the world to see!

2 comments:

summerbummer said...

HOW HORRIBLE!! what a nightmare traveling was for you guys! Glad you made it safe though.

Kelly said...

Wow what an ordeal. I can't believe it took so long and you had so many delays. Glad you made it safely. I hope your trip to Atlanta will be non eventful. We can't wait to see you.