Tuesday, March 17, 2009

lonely lil' me

Alright, i've been pretty bad at keeping up with this posting of pictures-but we've been fairly busy so...yeah.

As for our update, we have no returned to Raleigh! Well...I should say I have returned to Raleigh, and Tyler is floating about. March 9th Tyler started a 6 weeks phase down in Columbia, SC for training which is far enough that he only returns to us on the weekends while Kendalynn and I stay at home losing our minds. (alright, maybe i'm the only one losing my mind.) First of all, I HATE sleeping in the apartment by myself, it really freaks me out. At night when I walk up the stairs to our room I feel like I have to walk sideways so I can keep an eye on the upstairs and the downstairs to make sure no one creeps up on me, and most nights I do walk sideways. I'm paranoid, I know...but whatever. Blugh.

Other than that tragic part of our lives everything is pretty much the same. Oh...well there is one more thing I could say. We've decided to let it be known to the world, that yes...I am pregnant again (whoot whoot) and so no...i'm not just getting fat. We were going to wait a little longer to announce it, but I started getting "congratulations!" from people that weren't supposed to know yet, so apparently people are already leaking the news so I figure why not just let it flood out. (by the way...due date is Sep. 20th, I am currently 13.5 weeks.) Tyler and I are both completely convinced that it's going to be another girl. We are both VERY picky about names, so in a way it's easy to come up with them since it's rare that we agree so if it's a girl it will be Taylor Morgan, and if it's a boy it's probably going to be Jackson Morgan. (Morgan after Tyler's great grandpa Lake out in Rigby, Id who is amazing and going to outlive us all. He's 92...)

Anyways...enough writing, lets get to the pictures.

She likes to get in and on everything.

She also loves our phones. We never let her play with phones but she still tries to get them.

We went to Ammon's sister's house with Jamie & Emmy for an egg hunt and Kendalynn very much liked the chalk. I wish I had pictures of it, but she also LOVED the little balls in the backyard, and for good 10 minutes or so tried to pick up all of them at the same time. The most she got was 3.

Just like with phones, whenever we break out a laptop all she wants to do is get close and push the buttons, which she is also not allowed to do. (ONCE we let her sit at the computer desk and push buttons on our Mac... she somehow turned on this function where the computer says outloud EVERYTHING that you're doing (opening/closing folders, selecting stuff, etc...) and it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it off.
She is also getting to this point where she only wants to feed herself the food. So fine go for it. The only problem is, when she "feeds" herself the food becomes a toy rather than something that actually gets eaten. So if someday they take her away for being malnourished...let it be known it is not my fault.

8 comments:

robin said...

congratulations katie! that's awesome . . .
kendalynn is adorable. . . she is the cutest little girl!

Karon said...

Congratulations Katie! Are you feeling alright? Also, I'm so sorry that you are home alone at nights - I wouldn't like it either.

andi said...

HOORAY....i can tell people now! and hooray for another cute little child! the little bug is so cute and smart....she's going to make a wonderful big sister! Congratulations to you all!

andi said...

p.s....i love the look of your blog! nice job katie!

Karie said...

Congrats my dear! When will we see you again?

Anonymous said...

hooray! maybe someday I'll actually get to see your cute kids!

Kathryn S. said...

Oh how wonderful!! I'm so happy for you both.

Kelly said...

Yeah, I can finally start telling people the good news, I am going to be a grandma again, YEAH! I love both the names you have picked out. The middle name will make Grandpa Lake very happy. It's about time one of his posterity gets names after him. I loved the cute pictures of bugs. We can't wait to have you guys come stay with us next month.