Tuesday, August 9, 2011

families are forever

Last week my grandpa passed away. (my dad's dad...Gumpa as we called him.) As sad as it is to know he's gone, this was one of those things that was more of a good thing than a bad thing. Nani (nanny...my grandma) passed away last October, and since then my grandpa went into a home and slowly started to wither away. It was very obvious that all he wanted was to be with Nani again. It's a wonderful thing to have knowledge of the gospel and that families are forever, and comforting to know that my grandparents are together again.

I was very blessed to have had such wonderful grandparents on both sides of my family. (they are all gone now.) My dad's parents lived just down the road for something like 13 years of my life, and we were able to see my mom's parents every summer for usually 3 weeks at a time, and for other special occasions. Tyler was able to get to know my dad's parents fairly well, but he never met my mom's mom, and only knew my mom's dad once my grandma had died and grandpa was not very much himself anymore. It will be a wonderful thing to see them again someday. :)
Last picture of me with Nani & Gumpa. (Logan was there...but he was asleep in his car seat.)

Kendalynn made nothing but cheesy fake smiles at this point in her life. :) It makes me laugh.

No comments: