Tuesday, August 30, 2011

some thoughts

I need some opinions. :) When Camrynn arrives, all my kids could still have their own room. I know I want baby C in her own room (for at least a year or so) since who knows how her sleeping habits will be and all of that. But lately I've gotten to thinking...and I'm wondering if I should put K & L in the same room, keep a guest room, and then put baby C in her own room.

SO. There are just too many pro's and con's that I can't make up my own mind.

If you even care about all this...here are some thoughts. :)

1. If no one shares...there is a queen bed in C's room. With it in there, it really squishes the room. Where do I put it? Do I keep it? Do I trade it for K's twin and put the twin in the nursery? (I like the idea of having one of them in there for the late nights.) If we keep a guest room and combine K&L I could keep it out of the way and put a little couch in the nursery instead. I could fit the changing table in the nursery!
2. Logan's room is painted boy colors. Sad to put that to waste as a guest room, so do I put K&L in there? Her bedding actually coordinates with his wall colors. :)
3. K&L's furniture are really different. One is cream/ivory, one is flat white. They'd look kinda ugly together!
4. K&L both sleep through the night without interruption so I don't have to worry about either of them affecting the others sleep. (only bad thing..if one would wake the other one up earlier in the morning. Sometimes L wakes up an hour earlier than K so that would kinda stink.)
5. K&L have done AMAZING sleeping in the same room together when we've gone on vacations and things. In fact, I think K helped L calm down the nights he would cry.
6. I'm a HUGE believer in kids sharing rooms because of the lessons they learn. Sharing space, getting along, cleaning together, late night silly chats that are fun. Carrie used to practice all her different "laughing styles" late at night when I was trying to sleep. :)
7. the fact that I'd have to move all their furniture around.

Not a crazy serious situation...but if anyone else out there has any thoughts, experience, whatever, please let me know!

3 comments:

Buttle Family said...

I have loved having my kids share a room. I think it teaches them a lot. Infact I made all three share a room this summer even though they can all have their own room. I think your two little ones will love sharing a room.

Ainsley said...

i say buy a bigger house :). haha, jk. good luck!

David & Audrey said...

Uh, I really like that you have a guest room/ Nathans bedroom-games!